1. Start your day with movement: a walk, a lift, or a stretch.
2. Eat protein at every meal.
3. Occasionally, instead of sitting, squat.
4. Park father away. Take the stairs.
5. Avoid sugar and flour. Eat foods that are close to nature.
6. For fat loss: Sprint, lift heavy, and go for a brisk walk.
7. For strength: Sprint, lift heavy, and go for a brisk walk.
8. For muscle: Sprint, lift heavy, and go for a brisk walk.
9. For endurance: Jog. (Also, sprint, lift heavy, and go for a brisk walk.)
10. For pull ups: do pull ups. And maybe lose some weight.
11. Know your weaknesses: If you can deadlift 3x bodyweight but can’t touch your toes–strength is not your problem.
12. The best ab exercise is still just eat more broccoli.
13. Start every meal with a bowl of greens. (Like broccoli.)
14. Every once in a while, try fasting.
15. Generally, “if it doesn’t suck, don’t do it.” Because gains don’t come from being comfortable.
16. That said, you want to be challenged, yet successful. So do what you need to get thise wins on your board.
17. There are no substitutes for hard work, but there are shortcuts for about any goal, when you learn from somebody who has “been there.”In other words, get a coach.
18. Take 100% responsibility for yourself, and 100% ownership of your life.
Because the more you blame others or make excuses, the less likely you are to get ahead.
19. “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.” Listen to your body and take care of your joints. Do it now.
20. Magnesium. It helps.
21. Be consistent. Finish what you start. Don’t program hop.
22. Have fun. Because working out should be something you enjoy regardless of results.
Last one: Smile at strangers, tip well, and say your please-and-thank-yous.
Take care of yourself, and then take care of others by encouraging and educating. Lead from the front. Be the example. And believe in yourself
One thought on “Simple advice for your best training year yet”
If only I knew all of these before I started 2 years ago!! Great post – Im certain this is gonna help so many new comers out there. x